Cemetery Tour: Oct 16 Group A
Time & Location
About the Event
Explore "Notable Firsts in Sturgis History" with a walking tour through Oak Lawn Cemetery. Follow your guide between 12 different graves, where costumed performers will deliver accounts of the lives of the people buried there. Hear from some of Sturgis's best-known historical figures, and learn something new from a few of our more obscure former residents. Two tour groups of 10 people each depart every half hour. Tours last approximately one hour. This event is presented by Sturgis Historical Society, in collaboration with the Sturges-Young Center for the Arts and the Sturgis Civic Players. Sponsored by Sturgis Bank.
- Tours are OUTDOORS, please dress appropriately. In case of inclement weather, the scheduled tours will be conducted the following day. Refund requests will be considered on a case by case basis in the event of rescheduling.
- TIPPING of performers is welcomed and supports the Sturgis Civic Players. Gratuities can be given to tour guides at the conclusion of the tour.
- Tours are WALKING tours, some terrain may be uneven. Please wear appropriate walking shoes and bring any mobility assistance necessary. NO RESTROOM FACILITIES AVAILABLE, please plan accordingly.
- PARKING is limited and available in and around Oak Lawn Park, and near the maintenance shed of Oak Lawn Cemetery. Parking on South Nottawa Street is allowed up to the old Vogt's greenhouse. Do not park in front of OR INSIDE OF Oak Lawn Cemetery.
- HEALTH & SAFETY: Though this is an outdoor tour, as official local health guidelines evolve regarding Covid-19 safety protocols, attendees are encouraged to follow appropriate guidelines according to personal health needs. IF YOU ARE FEELING ILL, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE TOUR. Contact the Box Office, (269) 651-8541, and we will gladly exhange or refund your order accordingly.
Select "BUY TICKETS" to choose tour time. All Tours visit the same number of grave sites, in different order.